Shri Sanwaliya Ji Temple, Chittorgarh
The Sanwaliaji temple of the Dark Krishna is situated on the Chittorgarh - Udaipur Highway, at the town of Mandaphia, about 40 kilometers from Chittorgarh. The deity is also known as Shri Sanwaria Seth. The legends have it that in the year 1840, a milkman named Bholaram Gurjar dreamt of three divine statues buried under the ground in the Chapar village of Bhadsoda-Bagund. When the villagers started digging the place, they found the three statues, exactly as Bholaram saw in his dream. They were the statues of LORD KRISHNA-all of them beautiful and mesmerizing. One of the statues was taken to Mandaphiya, one to Bhadsoda and the third remained at the very place where it was found. All three locations became temples. When it was brought to Mandaphiya, at that time Shri Rodulalji Jain(Village head of Mandaphiya) with the help of villagers built a small temple consisting of four walls and shade and placed the statue by performing all the necessary rituals. Later on, the three temples of Sanwaliya Ji became renowned and devotees visit them in large numbers every day. Located just 40 from Chittorgarh - the historic city of valor and devotion - Mandaphiya is now known as Shri Sanwaliya Dham (The residence of Lord Krishna) and is second to Shri Nathadwara to the followers of the Vaishnav Sect. People believe that all their desires are fulfilled when they visit Shri Sanwaliya Seth's Darbar (Court of Shri Sanwaliya Ji).